Sacris Animam Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacris Animam Academy

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a new home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Valentine

Phoenix Valentine

a new home Empty
PostSubject: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 am

so......this is that Sacris Animam Academy...it appears it's going to be hard for me to find my way around for the first few days...this place seems it's quite grand with all sorts of things all over the place a very tall woman wearing a long brown cloak with the hood up muttered

her voice was quiet and melodic, but had a slightly harsher edge to it, a slight coarseness, that gave her a lilt to her words

the woman placed a scarred hand on the hilt of a sword that was on her waist, its scabbard glowing with runes, and walked across the courtyard, skirting around the fountain

however, she paused and looked back the fountain and went back for a closer look

the woman pulled her hood back and then took off her cloak to reveal who she was

she had bright silver-white hair, pale skin, and a pair of massive white wings that faded to grey at the tips of each feather...

but there was an added feature

she had a pair of horns sprouting form her head. they weren't big, but they were strong looking and a dark reddish brown

not only that, she was heavily scared with a large scar going across her eyes

she was blind

the woman held out her hand, scars riddling them and up her arm, and she let her hand hover over the water

the woman didn't touch it for the simple fact it would burn her

She was half Fire Demon half Virtues Angel, and her demon half meant water was a no go for her

she 'looked' around, listening to her surroundings as the water from the fountain made noise that bounced around the area and back to her, giving her a mental image of the place

she wondered if she should just walk in and go to the headmasters office and announce her presence, or does she have to wait here until someone comes to find her

she decided to sit by the fountain any ways and closed her silvered eyes and let her hand rest back on the hilt of her blade as she simply waited to see what would happen
Back to top Go down
Ms.Averi Cooper

Ms.Averi Cooper

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Headmaster Cooper strode down the hallway, her heels clicking briskly against the tile coated floors, and, as usual, mounds of paperwork cradled against her breast. It's a clear, crisp day so she thought why not do her work out in the courtyard, away from her little office, which has begun to reek of coffee and 2AM sandwich breaks. Hopefully a certain janitor would not be out in the front of the school... God she hoped not.

Cooper wrinkled her nose up in distaste as she bumped the door open with one fluid motion of her hip, her heels creating an even louder clicking sound as she stepped down the stone stairs and out into the courtyard. The dark haired woman approached an empty bench and set down her papers, tucking a thick curl of her ebony hair back behind her ear as she straightened her back, wiping her dainty hands on the sides of her dark skirt.

...And then the flicker of a blade caught the corner of her eye. She turned her body around and gazed upon the sight of a large, demonic-looking woman sitting at the fountain... Definitely no one she had seen before. Cooper narrowed her eyes, keeping herself alert, mentally taking note that no students are in the way of any sort of harm; just herself and the strange woman out in the courtyard. She keeps her disposition calm and professional as she calls out to the woman by the fountain,

"Excuse me, what is your purpose here?"

Last edited by Ms.Averi Cooper on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Valentine

Phoenix Valentine

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:09 am

Phoenix heard someone approaching the courtyard from inside the mansion

she evaluated the noise quietly as the person approached

heels.......brisk, so is professional.......female....quite dainty

then she heard the doors open and a waft of scent was brought over to her by the wind

definately a female.......half envy.....half angel by the scent......cautious right now.......not someone to be messed with despite her young age

with Phoenix being over 2000 years old, everyone was young to her, but it also made her clinical, cyical, and often in a sour mood

but she was still polite

standing up, she pulled some bells from her pocket, like a small set of cat bells that gave out a sweet sound when rung

ringing them, she made the clear noted sound bounce around and give her a clearer image of her surroundings to the point she could 'see' any cracks in the tones and the veins on leaves

going up to the other in the courtyard, she stopped a respectable distance from her, and bowed low at the waist

my name is Phoenix Valentine...the new Weapons Teacher. i had been called here with a letter. apparently someone had heard of my expertise in the subject and wanted me to teach the Fledglings here.... she said in a calm and quiet voice am i to understand that this is the Acadamy i'm to be teaching at? if not, i shall take my leave and apologise for any inconveniance. it is quite difficult for me to find my way around this dimension....to much noise in places that throw me off balance and i can't map things our correctly she explained, her tone formal and polite

Phoenix didn't make direct eyecontact as she can't see, but she got as close as she could, just above te other's eyes

she was good....but not that good.

that and she couldn't be bothered
Back to top Go down
Ms.Averi Cooper

Ms.Averi Cooper

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

It takes her a little longer than she would please, but Averi is able to recognize that Phoenix is blind. Her disposition relaxes slightly, but she keeps a professional look about her.

"No I believe Principal Christinson sent you the letter in regards to the teaching position. Please forgive my cautious approach earlier, we've had an attack recently on the school. We've had to be rather cautious as a result." She speaks clearly and calmly, clasping her hands together before her waist.

"I am Averi Cooper, Headmaster of Sacris Animam Academy. Would you care to accompany me to my office so we can get your position sorted?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Valentine

Phoenix Valentine

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

Phoenix raised a scared eyebrow

if i was a threat, surly your barriers would have kept me out. she began strolling gracefully towards the blding if that's the case....my arrival here isn't a moment to soon so i can kit out everyone at least with an adequate weapon to defend themselves if you can't place trust in your barriers she said calmly

she paused at the doors to wait for the other to lead her inside

but yes...perhaps the office would be a better place to discuss my position and what it entitles. if there has been an attack here...that must mean my services as a Weaponsmith and Teacher of Weapons will be much needed she murmured, 'looking' over her shoulder at the other

if they couldn't make a proper barrier...she would need to make sure any students udner her care and the others were well equipped to protect themselves in the future

she sighed quietly at the potential work ahead of her
Back to top Go down
Ms.Averi Cooper

Ms.Averi Cooper

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 pm

She clears her throat slightly,

"Yes well, I have full confidence in the stability of our protective barriers Ms.Valentine, but it's always good to be cautious. Where there are spells for protection, there are spells to break them, and the safety of our students is my top priority at all times."

She opens the large door for the tall hybrid woman and waits for her to enter the school.

"I believe you will be pleased with our facilities." Cooper says confidently.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Valentine

Phoenix Valentine

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 am

she simply shrugged and sighed

i walked through your barrier, Ms Cooper, and i felt the power of it as it hesitated at the Demon in me. it is a strong barrier. if you cannot have full confidence in such a thing, than the enemy that had attacked this place previously must be strong and still requires my skill to kit out everyone with a weapon to defend themselves she murmured, her tone blunt and to the point as she walked through the door unerringly.

turning back around, she faced the other, and placed a hand on her sword's handle

i am the best Weaponsmith going, so i can supply everyone with top class weapons. however, i'm sure there are those that are better at teaching things like Combat and Magic. i will need the students battle ready if i'm to show them how to use their weapons effectively. i can't have them stumbling about like new borns with their weapons. i will also need them practiced in at least minor magic and binding spells. both will be useful for creating perfect weapons for the individual. i will need to collaborate with the teachers of those subjects at some point she explained, her expression calm as she gestured with her free hand slightly

she slowly withdrew her weapon from its scabard and held it out to show the woman

the balde was longer than the scabbard, nearly being as long as she is tall, and had long thin grouves going down the length of the blade

she cut her thumb on a raised bit, and blood ran down the length of the blade, dripping down the end and along the blade

muttering soemthing, her blood then catch fire and small flickers of electricity jumped form the blade, now emphasising runes that were carved onto the blade

this was done using simple empowering runes. they emphasise my blood inherited abilities, and this makes my weapon more dangerous. she said, her eyes staring at nothing and the scabbard *lays a hand on it* has certain runes that mean it can only be the size of a normal scabbard and yet hold this. she reasheathed the sword after cleaning her blade off of blood and thus putting out the fire and electricity this is what i shall be teaching your students....but i need them practiced before they can even attempt these runes....it will physicaly drain them to do these things, and i do not wish any harm upon the students. though it may not seem it to you, if i'm teaching here, my stuents are my top priority and i won't stand for them being hurt because of my pushing them to hard.

she gestured for the other to lead the way and she followed silently behind, ringing her bells so she knew where everything was

this is why i shall need to collabirate with the other teachers....with your premission, and theirs, of course. granted, this may not be for a while, as i will start at the baisics, but i have high standards and will encourage my students to progress swiftly, but safely, if there is such a threat lurking just outside the barrier Phoenix explained, walking gracefully behind Cooper in such a way you could be forgiven for doubting her blindness

the only thing signifying such a thing was the occasional tinkle of bells to make sound bounce around and give the woman a clear picture if her surrounings
Back to top Go down
Ms.Averi Cooper

Ms.Averi Cooper

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 am

Cooper smiles, clearly impressed with both Ms.Valentine's skill in her weaponry as well as Principal Allan's skill in picking teachers. She listens attentively to Phoenix's explanation of the runs and her sword, nodding at times, and taking mental notes as to Ms.Valentine's presentation as well as her demonstration.

"Well if there is one thing I am pleased to assure you Ms.Valentine, it's that our students are eager to learn and our staff is glad to collaborate." She gives the tall woman a nod to show that she has taken in the information before she turns and keeps walking her back to her office

"I will have a word with Ms.Cooneybeer, our Magic Teacher, and Mr.Dolce, our Combat Teacher. They are both highly trained in their fields and I'm sure they will impress you with their professionalism." As she speaks this out she feels her stomach turn. Zoe is one of her best friends and if there is one thing she has issues with, it's being as professional as she should be... Cooper thinks to herself that she should have a chat with Zoe before she meets Ms.Valentine.

Cooper walks up to her office door and opens it up, holding it open of Phoenix, hoping in the back of her head that she'll be able to fit through the doorway.
"Right this way please~"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Valentine

Phoenix Valentine

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 am

Phoenix rang her bells softly, the clear notes once again reiterating the surroundings, and saw the door to the office

she sighed quietly and allowed a single twitch to her lips to show her mild amusement

the door was a little too short and thin

bending her head down and holding her wings in tight, she carefully walked through the door, ringing her bells again to see the office

paper work......pens......the smell of paper and books.....quite spacious......a tidy and professional woman.

i'm sure...i would hate to be disappointed at this school that says that they only hire the best. i'm willing to believe this, but until i've met the other teachers, i cannot make a solid judgement. she said, her sightless eyes looking around aimlessly but yes, any collaboration will be quite vital for my lessons due to their difficulty. Weaponsmithing is like a refined branch of Blacksmithing, and will need a certain amount of physical prowess and magical prowess. i would like the others to pass on knowledge to their students about weapons and their importance in combat, also on how to make them strong via magic.

Phoenix idly walked around the office, her sensitive fingers running over the objects in the room without disturbing them, just getting a feel for the place

she suddenly turned to Cooper with unnerving accuracy, and 'looked' at her

my apologies if i seem demanding....but this skill is difficult, and something i know the insides and out of....the students will struggle, they may even hate me with how my methods demand high standards of them and how i push them to achieve more when they're feeling lazy, which they undoubtedly will. some will get hurt by burns and maybe accidentally slicing themselves on blades, or mixing up the gunpowder and explosive components wrong....but these mistakes is how they will learn. i will need you to trust me about this. after even just a few weeks, you may see an increased diciplin in their work and lives because it's required in my lessons, or injuries happen. it will benifit them....but they won't be happy about it at first. she explined, feeling a touch bratty and demanding because of the way she was speaking to her superior, but this was required.

her students will be tried and tested and she needs to tell her boss this so she knew what employing her would intail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a new home Empty
PostSubject: Re: a new home   a new home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a new home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sacris Animam Academy :: Academy Grounds :: The Courtyard-
Jump to: